September 1, 2015

About This Blog

So, I actually created this blog back in January 2013, and it actually did have a good number of posts on it, primarily movie reviews, but, as you can see, I've deleted all of them in the name of sort of "reinventing" the blog. I'm not going to be doing anything particularly revolutionary, but this is a place where I'll be mainly writing movie reviews and talking about movie news and perhaps very rarely about other things, and all of this will sort of be as a means of getting my thoughts out to an actual audience, albeit a small one, instead of just keeping them in my head.

As for how often this will be updated, the best answer I can give you is "sporadically". I am in college, and especially during the week have a pretty busy schedule, but I'll try to divide my free time up to post something here whenever it becomes relevant. In terms of the longevity of this page, when it comes to movie reviews and discussion, I'd prefer to do it in podcast form one day, and for news/politics and what have you, I'd like to make scripted, edited video essays to expound upon ideas and opinions I have, but I don't really have the editing know-how or equipment yet to make videos with the level of production value that I want, so for now, this'll do.

I'll only be reviewing movies I see in theaters, unless I see a movie on DVD/Netflix/whatever and decide that whatever I have to say is at least different than what you'll probably hear, or if it's a movie I love dearly and just really want to talk about it, or if I hate it more than anything and feel like I need to talk about it. But trust me when I say that mostly limiting my reviews to movies I see in theaters is not much of a handicap. Here's a short list of some select films I plan to see in theaters in the next two months:
- Sicario
- Black Mass
- The Martian
- The Walk
- Spotlight
- Trumbo
- Steve Jobs
- Bridge of Spies
- Suffragette
- Spectre
- The Peanuts Movie

And that is not at all the end of the list, even for movies just coming out in the fourth quarter of 2015. Anyway, hopefully this gives you a good idea of what kind of stuff you can expect to find on this blog. This is by no means a professional endeavor or anything I'm really injecting all my creative energy into (at least not at the moment), but hopefully you get something out of it.

Okay, bye.

1 comment:

  1. Welp, time to begin the journey, of reading all of these reviews. You always seemed to be really good at critiquing things based on your videos.

    Hopefully you little reviews will be just as good.

    ReplyDelete